Performing a state of the art study in geo- materials poses several challenges to both the human and the computer system:
- Preparing and submitting 102–103 jobs.
- Handling the huge workload imposed to the system.
- Monitoring hundreds of concurrently running jobs.
- Gathering relevant information scattered throughout hundreds or even thousands of output files from independent runs for further analysis.
- Performing the analysis preferably without having to transfer data back to the user workstation.